This Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) sets out rules applicable to your use of the Firefly Furnishings LLC dba Sofa Biz (“Sofa Biz”, “we”, “us” or “our”) Services and Sofa Biz Technology (the “Services”). The examples described in this Policy are not exhaustive.
This Policy should be read in conjunction with the Sofa Biz Terms of Service (“Sofa Biz Terms of Service”) (currently available at: https://www.sofabiz.com/terms-of-service/ into which it is incorporated by reference. We may suspend, terminate, or take other interim action regarding your access to or use of the Services, if, in our sole judgment, we believe you, directly or indirectly, violated this Policy or authorize or help others to do so.
We may modify this Policy from time to time by posting a revised version on our Website. By using the Services, you agree to the latest version of this Policy. Any capitalized terms not defined in this Policy have the meaning set forth in the Sofa Biz Terms of Service.
General Policies/Requirements. We all expect that the messages and communications we want to send and receive will reach the intended recipient(s), unhindered by filtering or other blockers. An important step you can take to make that expectation a reality is to prevent unwanted communications by only sending messages and communications that comply with applicable laws and communications-industry guidelines/standards. To that end, all communications originating from your use of the Sofa Biz Services and Sofa Biz Technology (including but not limited to SMS, MMS, webchat, Voice, and similar messaging channels available through the Services) are subject to, and must comply with, the Sofa Biz Terms of Service, including this Policy, which sets out certain rules and/or prohibitions regarding: Consent (“opt-in”); Revocation of Consent (“opt-out”); Sender identification; Messaging Usage; Prohibited Content; Filtering Evasion; and Enforcement.
Prohibited Content. You agree that you will not use the Services, or encourage, promote, facilitate, or instruct others to use the Services, to send messages that contain, offer, promote, reference, or link to any information or content related to any of the following:
- Illegal, Harmful, or Fraudulent Activities. Any activities that are illegal, that violate the rights of others, or that may be harmful to others, our operations, or reputation, including but not limited to offering, promoting, disseminating, or facilitating:
- child pornography, child sexual abuse material, or other sexually exploitative content; fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions;
- make-money-fast or “get-rich-quick” schemes (including work-from-home programs, risk investment opportunities, ponzi and pyramid schemes);
- high-risk financial services (including payday loans, short-term high-interest loans, third-party auto or mortgage loans, student loans, or cryptocurrency);
- third-party lead generation services (such as companies that buy, sell, or share consumer information);
- debt collection or forgiveness services (including third-party debt collection, debt consolidation, debt reduction, or credit repair programs)
- illegal or regulated substances (including, but not limited to, Cannabis, CBD, or offers for (or payment transactions relating to) Prescription Drugs that cannot be sold over-the-counter);
- “SHAFT” use cases (Sex, Hate, Alcohol, Firearms, Tobacco, including vaping-related activities);
- phishing or pharming.
- Infringing Content. Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
- Offensive Content. Content that is harassing, defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable.
- Harmful Content. Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, or otherwise effect a security breach, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots.
- Evasive Content. Content that is designed to intentionally evade filters, detection, or monitoring (see below)
- Prohibited Industries. If you are using Sofa Biz’s Payment Services, you may not use the services in conjunction with any activities identified as Prohibited Industries, as defined in Sofa Biz’s Payment Service Terms.
Message Abuse; Falsification of Identity or Origin. You will not send messages using spam bots or other similar systems, alter or obscure mail headers, provide false identification, or assume a sender’s identity without the sender’s explicit permission. You will also not create a false identity or attempt to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of any data or communications.
Evasion. You may not use the Services or Sofa Biz Technology to evade Sofa Biz’s (including our subcontractor’s) or a telecommunications provider’s unwanted messaging detection and prevention mechanisms. Examples of prohibited practices include:
- Content designed to evade detection. As noted above, we do not allow content which has been specifically designed to evade detection by unwanted messaging detection and prevention mechanisms. This includes intentionally misspelled words or non-standard opt-out phrases which have been specifically created with the intent to evade these mechanisms.
- Snowshoeing. We do not permit snowshoeing, which is defined as spreading similar or identical messages across many phone numbers with the intent or effect of evading unwanted messaging detection and prevention mechanisms.
- Use of shared public URL shorteners. Where a web address (i.e., Uniform Resource Locator (URL)) shortener is used, you should not use links that have been shortened using shared public URL shorteners like Bitly or TinyURL. If you want to include shortened URLs in your messages, we recommend using a dedicated short domain.
Reverse Engineering and Related Restrictions. You will not (a) modify or create a derivative work of the Services or any portion thereof; (b) reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, translate, or otherwise seek to obtain or derive the source code, underlying ideas, algorithms, file formats, or non-public APIs to any Services, except to the extent expressly permitted by applicable law and then only upon advance notice to Sofa Biz; (c) break or circumvent any security measures or rate limits for the Services; or (d) remove or obscure any proprietary or other notices contained in the Services, including in any reports or output obtained from the Services.
Our Monitoring and Enforcement. We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to monitor content on and sent through the Services and to investigate any violation of the Sofa Biz Terms of Service, including this Policy, or misuse of the Services. We may remove or disable access to any user, content, or resource that violates the Sofa Biz Terms of Service or this Policy or any other agreement we have with you for use of the Services. We may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We may also cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Policy.
Reporting Violations. If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, you will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation.